Old School RuneScape (also known as OSRS) is an MMO game developed by Jagex Game Studios. Ever since its debut in 2001, RuneScape continues to remain one of the most popular browser games out there.
If you’re a beginner, here are three easiest ways to start playing RuneScape:
Step 1 Create an Runescape game account:
Before you start playing the game, you need to create an account. To open a new account read the following steps.
- Go to the RuneScape homepage and click on the ‘Create a Free Account’ option. Clicking on that option will redirect you to the RuneScape account creation page.
- You can either sign up with your Google/ Facebook account or you can choose to register with a separate email address. To do the latter, you need to enter some personal details such as Display name, Age, Email id and Password. In order to chat with people in the game, the player needs to be 13 years or older.
- Next, you need to customize your character. You can select the sex, skin color, hairstyle, color of hair and even clothes. The game offers you plenty of choices, so it shouldn’t be difficult to create an avatar which stands out from the rest. The choices you make regarding the appearance are not irreversible. You can change the appearance of the avatar later on in the game.
- After you have decided how your character looks, it’s time to choose a name. You can give a name of your choice or select the ‘Randomize’ option to give the character a default name chosen by the game.
- PS: the official runescape website: https://www.runescape.com/
Step 2 Follow the game’s instructions:
The game starts on an isolated island called Ashdale in Gielinor. The new player is introduced to Gudrik who provides a detailed tutorial of the game. The tutorial is very informative as it introduces the new player to the game’s interface and the key concepts.
- In the beginning, you need to follow the instructions which come up on the screen. These instructions inform you the basics, such as how to view your Task list, and collect coins from the ground. Before you can proceed, you need to complete all the introductory tasks listed in the Task section. If you need help while performing any of the introductory tasks, you can easily select that particular task and then click on the Hints tab.
- Once you’re done with the introductory tasks, you can try your hands on the Lumbridge and Draynor Tasks. You will need to increase your skill levels to successfully complete these tasks.
Step 3 Do your own thing:
After the successful completion of all the important introductory tasks, you can continue playing without any help from the game. RuneScape has no fixed storyline as it is designed as a classless progression system. The players are free to choose their goals and objectives. While there are no set things which you can do, doing certain things will increase your chances of survival. It’s recommended that you join a clan as soon as you start playing.
Ultimately, your chance of success in the game depends on the decisions you make. There are no foolproof ways which will guarantee you success in RuneScape. However, the above-mentioned points will help you get started on the game smoothly.
Also note this: As an MMORPG, Gold is a virtual currency in Runescape. The trading between players and players is based on gold. If you are in need of a relaxed gaming experience rather than spending time doing some repetitive things in the game, then buying OSRS gold is a good choice. Of course, this is not necessary, depending on what kind of game experience you need.
Feel free to view some useful tips or guide video: